This weekend is our last "free" weekend before things really get hectic with Tim's trial schedule for work. He had a trial last week, caught a terrible cold, and all in all has just been stressed and down. In turn, I feel like I've had cabin fever with a busy, working husband and just glancing ahead at our jam-packed August calendar. And here it's supposed to be Summertime....fun, laid back, carefree!!!
So.........today, a normal Friday afternoon with both of us trying to make it through the last couple hours of the work week, I texted Tim a "what-do-ya-say-we-up-and-go-to-the-beach?" Not Madeira Beach where we always go (because Tim's parents have a place and it's free!!) Not Clearwater, which is only 15 minutes away and a magnet for hundreds of teenagers partying it up. A special beach--- the beach where my family used to have a home, and where all my beach memories were made growing up.....Long Boat Key.
He said "book it!"
And that's just what I did. We'll drive the hour & 20 minutes down there tomorrow mid-day, enjoy the afternoon on the beach, and spend the night in the adorable cottage-like place I found online that literally opens up to a huge stretch of white sand and the beautiful ocean. I made us reservations at Michael's on East in Sarasota---a restaurant Tim has always raved about and wanted to take me, but that we've never gotten around to. We'll be back Sunday afternoon and then head over to St. Pete Beach for my brother's birthday dinner at Salt Rock Grill that evening.
This is going to be such a treat!!! I know this will sound strange to those of you who don't live in Florida, but it's been a 2 month stretch since we've been to Tim's parents beach house due to various conflicts. That's a LONG time for us. Usually we go twice a month at least. So.........I'm very excited to break out of this land-locked routine we've had in June and July and get some sand underneath my toes again.
Happy Friday everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment