Wednesday, December 14, 2011

December Fun & Nursery Complete

I can't believe how fast December is flying by! It's already time for our annual Christmas party on Friday. All week long we've been getting ready for it---buying food, cleaning up the house, making sure we're all set with our table&chairs order from Rent All, counting up RSVPS and regrets, setting out last minute decorations, delegating duties to our moms who want to help....whew. It's a lot, but it's always fun. We look forward to it every year and begin planning in November. It's fun having the invitation on the fridge and wondering what memories will be made with those who are able to come. 166 individuals have been invited---that's a record! Last year we invited 113 and 69 attended. We'll see what the final turn out is this year,  but rest assured we will both be EXHAUSTED on Saturday. A good kind of exhausted though.

In the mean time, we've been attending other Christmas parties. From Merrymakers to University Club, various friends' parties to company parties and junior league parties. It's fun seeing so many friends out and about this time of year. I only wish I could walk around with a sign around my neck....Here's what it would say:

Feeling Good?  Yes!
Due date?-- Feb. 11
Boy, right? Yes...Boy
Nursery ready?-Yes

I know people have the best of intentions when they ask about all those things. (And, really, what else are you supposed to say when you're talking to someone who's half-watermelon at this point?) But I sound like a broken record!! Even though the questions are the same---over and over and over again---I try to answer them a little differently each time, just to switch things up. Even so, there's only so many ways to answer the same question. Oh well.......whatcanyado? ....reminds me of getting married. When's the wedding date again? Where are you going on your honeymoon? Has your dress come in yet? 

Speaking of the watermelon, here's a pic:

                                
It may not look huge to some of you, but it's a big difference from just one month ago. (see pic below.)

                          
Oh those were the days........The cashier at Target couldn't necessarily tell I was pregnant and therefore didn't ask the series of questions I listed earlier. My brother didn't tell me I look like I'm going to burst. I was able to still sit in booths at restaurants. I was able to still get into my car, even if the car next to me was parked too close. I could still get out of bed without having to roll over and use my elbows to prop upI could still bend down to pick something off the floor somewhat normally. Now, I either do a plie' maneuver--thank you 15 years of ballet!--or just leave it there for Tim to pick up when he gets home. .

These are just some of the reasons why I'm THRILLED the nursery is done. As I enter the more uncomfortable weeks of the third trimester, I can relax knowing that whether the baby comes early or right on time, I'm all set. Here are a few pictures...








It's a very cheery room. There's really no way you can be in a bad mood when you're in there--the bright colors won't let you. There have been days when I'm out of breath from walking up the stairs and not looking forward to the various chores that need to be done, but then I glance in that room as I'm walking by and my spirits are lifted. I can't wait to actually get to spend time in there, rocking my little one, singing to him, dressing him, changing him, playing on the floor with his toys...

That's about all I got for now... here's a quick pick of us from the other night, before a Christmas party. Tim always looks so handsome in his tux and I love his festive cumberbun set.
He's been practicing his carols all month, sprucing up before our party. Even bought a new mic set....

                         What carol will be the big hit this year?...Last year it was The Twelve Days of Christmas, complete with nine ladies literally dancing, and 10 lords a leaping....
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!
(Check out this beautiful manger scene I borrowed from my mom this year.) Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment