Friday, February 3, 2012

Waiting and Ready for Baby!

Well I'm 8 days away from my due date. We are so curious as to when the big day is going to be!! We've been going to doctor's appointments once a week now, running last minute errands, and other than that just "waiting."

The baby's movements in my belly have been very strong lately...Feels like he's shifting positions, trying
 to get comfortable despite running out of room. I wish I could tell him that if he would just hurry up, he'd have LOTS of room to stretch out...here in his nursery that's waiting for him.

I've sat in the glider a few times recently, thinking about how different it will be in a few weeks, holding a newborn in my arms and getting to know one another.
Soon to be PARENTS. (That word is going to take some getting used to!)

A few weeks ago some of my mother-in-law's friends hosted a final shower for me. They were alls o generous to round out some remaining items on the registry for me.
We had a wonderful buffet brunch at the club before opening presents in one of the private rooms.

In the picture below I was 37 weeks. I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow.

It's "Gasparilla season" here. We haven't participated in as many of the events as we normally do, for obvious reasons. But, I did go down to the breakfast to see my pirates off before they boarded the ship and set sail for the parade.

My brother, parents, me and Tim
38 weeks in these pics...proud of my "future pirate" and looking forward to dressing him up in a fun Gasparilla outfit next year for all the festivities.


Hopefully in my next blog post I'll be announcing our little one's arrival!!


1 comment:

  1. You look so beautiful in these pictures!! You are going to have so many sweet and tender moments in that rocker :-) Can't wait to hear of his arrival!!

    ReplyDelete