Tuesday, May 22, 2012

All smiles


Timothy turns 4 months old in a week and a half. I can't believe it! We are having so much fun. He is "all smiles" these days--especially when you look straight at him and talk to him. It's amazing how he knows the difference between someone actually having a conversation with him vs. just going through the motions of trying to entertain him. When I look into his eyes and ask "How big is Timothy? SOOO big!" he breaks out into a huge grin. I often tell him that he is sweet, cute, smart, funny, precious, loved--- and locking eyes during these moments is so rewarding. Those are the moments when I realize this baby boy is my son and what a privelege it is to take care of him,  help him learn and develop, and over time help shape his character and little personality. His favorite songs are "Jesus Loves Me," "Pattycake", "I love you/You love me", "If you're happy and you know it clap your hands," and "The Itsy Bitsy Spider."





He is quite the squirmer these days! Always wants to get on the floor and kick/look around. He loves his toys and perks up when I read to him,  but he loves exploring his body even more---putting his hands in front of his face and turning them around, turning his head side to side, raising his eyebrows and looking out, arching his back and trying to roll over. He loves scrunching up his legs--not quite touching his toes yet, but almost! 
Occasionally we let him watch a DVD if we have chores to take care of around the house. He loves the Baby Einstein ones but right now his current favorite seems to be the Baby Genius "Favorite Songs" DVD--when the "No More Monkeys Jumping on the Bed" song comes on he literally laughs and squeals outload and kicks his little feet and arms in excitement. It is so cute to watch him enjoy something so much.

The picture above is the face he does whenever I kiss him on the cheek. He also grins like this during diaper changes and outfit changes, which makes it awfully hard to be upset about "an explosion."

One of our routines has always been to walk around the house and bounce/sway to wind down from playtime. Lately when we walk past a mirror and I stop to let him take a peek at his reflection, he busts out a grin at himself. This always cracks me up!  

 We are very excited about Timothy's first trip to the mountains! It's going to be so much fun to get away for a few days and stroll him around in the fresh mountain air. We're going up with friends who have a year and a half year old so I know he will love having a little buddy to entertain him. Kids really do light up around other kids!

In other news, our construction project is flying! The framing and roofing are done--windows and doors will be installed be the end of the week, and the electric work, plumbing, and AC work are scheduled for this week as well! Next week--sheet rock and dry wall! And meanwhile keeping my eye out for new furniture and fixutres is sure fun!

I'll try to blog again soon but in the mean time if you happen to wonder what I'm up to---I'm mostly trying to savor every moment of cuddling with my sweet baby! The days of sitting up, rolling over, and crawling are not too far off! His stronger head control and instinct to squirm around are daily reminders that those are the goals he's working toward!

1 comment:

  1. Sweetness! He is just the cutest! Love the pics you posted. Hope you're having a blast in the mountains!

    ReplyDelete