We have been having lots of fun outside lately! The hot humid Summer is on the way out and some nicer "Fall" weather is on its way in.
Didn't take long for this boy to realize that the dirt and grass was a lot more interesting than the toys I brought out for him.
He is having fun learning how to stand on his activity lion.
Timothy's favorite place to crawl to is the doorway, where he loves looking out the window to see Lily. When I let her in, his face opens up into the biggest grin.
He is also hard at work, trying to drink out of his cup without my help. Lots of times it seems that he just ends up chewing on the tip.
Our new room is coming together.We still need more "accent furniture" like some end tables and extra chairs. I've been on the hunt for some but haven't found any I like yet (at least not for the right price!)
I think it will be fun to put a Christmas tree in this room, since this is where we spend the most time. Probably to the right of the fireplace would make the most sense.
I can't wait to create a little breakfast nook for the bottom right corner. Ballard Designs has some beautiful corner benches, and then we'd probably put a round table and a few chairs. For now, I'm stumped on fabric choices--and a little reluctant to give up the extra space where Timothy's exersaucer and highchair usually is. (They were temporarily upstairs in his room when this photo was taken.)
That's because we cleared out all the baby stuff and whisked Timothy off to his grandparents' house so we could have a little adult time as we hosted our 2nd annual wine tasting party. Everyone seemed to enjoy sampling the wines we set out. By the end of the night, Tim had his microphone hooked up to his speaker system as he played us a few songs on the piano. Billy Joel and Elton John songs were the most requested, although Coldplay's "Paradise" was a big hit too (just harder to sing along to than the others.)

It was a fun night!...followed by a long day the next day between post-party clean up and Timothy coming down with his first cold. :(
My brother continues to spoil my son with fun visits! Sometimes he'll take him on a stroller ride around the neighborhood so I can get things done--which is a huge help!
I'm glad September is winding down. I'm so ready for October!!! It's such a great month--time to buy some pumpkins and mums for the house, dress Timothy up in his Halloween pj's and Halloween costume, do some Fall baking, and celebrate my 4th wedding anniversary with Tim!












No comments:
Post a Comment