Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Cutest pumpkin in the patch

We had fun the other day at the pumpkin patch and we'll probably go back a few more times before the season is over. Timothy didn't quite know what to think of seeing so many pumpkins at once!





Personality wise, he is really lighting up these days and becoming more animated. It is so fun to watch! We've been out and about at playdates and birthday parties lately. He seems to capture peoples' attention with his big smile and he seems to hold it by really listening and watching what's going on around him, whether it's kids playing or adults talking.

He is really beginning to understand concepts and his memory is taking shape. He leans toward the door handle, knowing that's what I use to open the door. He responds to commands like "Go get the ball." He recognizes different tones of voice and knows that I'm serious when he's getting too messy at dinner time and I need him to be still and focus. He waves bye bye at partings. He responds to his name really well. That being said, he is also old enough to know the feeling of missing his Mama when I'm gone. This "separation anxiety" has hit sooner than I was expecting, and from what friends have said it's only the beginning! ahhh!! On the one hand it's so, so sweet to know that I meet his needs best and that this natural response is God's way of keeping us close but from a practical stand point it makes for some challenges!

We had a fun family day at the zoo last weekend. It was Timothy's first time to see all the animals. 
We can't wait to take him back as a toddler! He's going to love the petting zoo area, toddler rides, and splash park. 


With each stage that we hit, I keep thinking "OK, this is my favorite so far." But I really mean it this time!! 8 months is so, so fun. I love the big, deep in the belly laughs. I love watching him cruise around and get stronger balance. I love how he leans in to me for hugs and slobbery kisses. I love his babbling. I love watching him crawl to something he wants. I love watching him do this funny maneuver where he pulls his toes to his mouth while sitting up.

 
We definitely have plenty of long days though, don't get me wrong--especially when his daddy has to work late or has functions to attend. We are still learning how to balance regular life and responsibilities while being committed, hands-on parents!  Stroller rides and outdoor playtime on the swing set are always refreshing activities. Conversations with other moms and play dates are always encouraging too!
Nicknames: T3, "Turtle Head", "Monster Mash"
Favorite foods: chicken and sweet potatoes, carrots, broccoli and apple, yogurt smoothie
Current favorite toy: music activity table
Favorite book: Peek-A-Boo Baby
Current fascinations: the grass, the laundry room, necklaces, shoe laces, Lily's tail
Current dislikes: getting his face wiped after dinner and getting dried off after baths
What he'd trade his life for: the T.V. remote! (loves that thing passionately)

                                                                  
                                                              
His face is so funny when he lets go from thing to the next. And he's so proud of himself when he gets there!
I just can't believe how fast my little man is growing! 



1 comment:

  1. Sooo cute! He is a smart little guy! Zoo and Aquarium passes will be well worth your money! Cute pumkin patch- where is it!?

    ReplyDelete