Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Hot, hot, hot


It has been so hot lately, as Summer approaches. We've been having fun splashing in the backyard with friends and going to the pool to cool off. Timothy is always in action these days so it's hard to get smiling, straightforward pictures. I love the action shots because they capture what he's truly interested in these days...but I also want some family beach photos sometime soon. My dilemma: Not too eager to spend a bunch of money on nice pictures when I know he's going to be turning every which way and running off. So, we'll see what I decide on that!

In the mean time, the past 2 weeks have been full of Timothy taking a leap in understanding and communicating. I can't even remember all the examples off hand, but it is just so neat to experience!
Sometimes it crosses my mind that single friends must surely see baby pics on FB and think motherhood looks boring.  Not so!!!! These little creatures give us surprises every day--sometimes even hourly or by the minute. (And yes--some good, some bad.) It's truly amazing to see what they are capable of and how fast they learn and change. 



playgroup







yum...big chunks of ice cold watermelon


think I'll take a little rest...

sit still? are you crazy?


wooo hoo!!!  


pool time

too hot to play outside...off to gymboree

After 2 months or so of racing toward Timothy as he sneakily and very quickly climbs up into the fort, we finally rigged a baby gate around the lower half the other day. Until he understands how to get down, it's just too dangerous. And while I'm usually willing to carry him up there to let him play for a bit, my body needs a break from the uncomfortable crouching. :)

Women often talk about how they want to be "young enough" for a healthy pregnancy. But it's not just the pregnancy that demands physical strength and energy...keeping up with these little ones is VERY physically demanding. Our backs hurt from lifting and bending over, our arms are always reaching, our hips are always occupied with a good 20 pounds or more....who knows how many steps our poor feet take and we won't even address the breasts!  And of course all of this is going on with little, if any, sleep! I know all you moms out there agree. Thankfully, the Lord restores our strength daily and built us from the inside out for this. 

Have a good week everyone!

2 comments: