Friday, May 15, 2009

YAY!!!!!

It's finally Friday!!  It's been a long week at work, so I'm very, very glad of this. If I was in charge, we would be able to leave work early on Fridays. Or at least, occassssionally. I mean, really, how much gets done the last two hours on Friday afternoon anyway? Not much. Which is why I'm blogging, my co-workers are chit-chatting, and even my dad is pacing the hallways, not quite sure what to do with himself. Maybe one day he'll give in to his "old school" ways and dismiss everyone a little early. I'm trying to teach him about the concept of quality vs. quantity. As in, it's not always how many hours you put in, but how hard you work during the hours that you DO put in. 

Anyway, this is what I have to look forward to in a few hours... 

We love getting away to the beachouse whenever we can. It's been a few weeks since we've been able to go, due to being busy in Tampa with other things. Last weekend was the fundraiser event for the hospital, and Mother's Day. I don't have any pictures from the hospital event, as we were volunteering the whole night and just never had a free second. Here are a few, though, from Mother's Day. We had a wonderful time, and it was so fun being able to treat the moms (and dads) to a dinner "on us," as they are often the ones taking us out or having us over. 

I ended up going "every other" with my flower plates vs. my white plates. And I ended up going for the colorful placemats as opposed to the white, lacy ones. I was happy with my choice!

Here we are all seated, with the flowers moved so we can see each other from across the table! We had a delicious feast of pork tenderloin, mashed potatoes, green beans, broccoli casserole, and salad. With peach cobbler and vanilla ice cream for dessert!