Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Field trips, potty training, and all things pop

 
September is off to a great start! We've had some fun at the pool, at birthday parties, and we've gotten caught up on things like doctor appts and haircuts. We are into anything "pop" these days---lollipop, popcorn, popsicle. (Hey, life is short.)
 
We spent a fun day out at Old McMicky's farm. Quite possibly our most memorable Mommy/son field trip yet. He has seen petting zoo animals in NC many times, but he absolutely LOVED this particular day---said bye to each animal before going on to the next, mooed back and forth with the cow (hilarious), and had a blast on the hay ride and pony ride. Laughed and grinned throughout the whole morning, and ran toward each tractor (DOCK DEEE!!!!) It's a little early yet, but I couldn't resist breaking out one of his Fall t-shirts. SOOOOO ready for the season change.
 
 
 
19 months, getting big!
 
 
 
 
 
Summer just keeps hanging on....ugh!!! I've never been more over the heat than I have been this year.
 
 
 
Timmy's where did it go face/hand motion. So much to see outside---the airplanes, birds, squirrels, and lizards.
 
 
popcorn treat and trying on mommy's glasses
 
 
Fun with play-doh. Every time we pull this out, he runs to his table, so excited.
Loves squeezing, pressing, touching, and rolling. The little blocks have shaped on the bottom and make indentions in the play doh. It's the perfect starter kit--just the right size for his little hands. He calls the blocks his "shapes".
 
 
Hair cut...I've lost count...4th or 5th?
 
 
 
 
Still attached to Pooh. He goes to get hair cuts and gets potty trained too. :)
 
 
I wasn't planning on starting the process this early but for about a month now Timmy has been telling me BEFORE he has to go #2. Talk about one shocked momma! He even told me the other day when we were swimming, which worked out great so we could get out of the pool in time. I have no idea where this will go. I full expected to not get into this until 2 and a half since I've heard boys take longer and that it's best not to push it. But, Timmy totally seems interested-- runs to his potty frequently, talks about it, likes to help wipe, and even asks for a tissue then goes over to stuffed animals to wipe them. He sings his clean up song in the process.  ??? So...we will see! Training pants are on order as well as potty training DVDs and books.
 
 
 
Happy boy at the beach house
 
 
 
 
School is going well! The teachers always comment on how he "talks with his hands."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I'll never forget September of last year. Talk about GAME CHANGER!!! This boy started crawling all. over. the. house. at 7 months. And that's when the chasing began! We've been doing it ever since, except thankfully as language development occurs Timmy understands a few more do's and don'ts. :)
 



 
 
Football season is in full swing again. Halloween around the corner. A fun Fall trip planned. Can't wait!!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment