Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Quick Little Update

 
 
I didn't use my regular camera much throughout August or September because it was just so hot to be outside, so I had fun pulling it out the other day and catching a few fun expressions of Timmy, just playing in the backyard.
 
(But don't be fooled--it's still a very warm start to Fall around here. We've had maybe 2 semi-nice mornings and that's it. Hoping it begins to break a bit soon.)
 
Anyway, besides that we've had a really good past few weeks!!! Three friends of mine have had newborns recently so it's been fun to deliver meals and celebrate precious new lives!! Junior League has been full force lately and despite the time commitment, it's always SO rewarding, humbling, and eye-opening to interact with people in our community who really need our help. Anyone who thinks Junior League women just lunch and socialize COULD NOT BE MORE WRONG. It's seriously the hardest-working group of women I've ever met. The stigma couldn't be further from the truth.
 
 
At home, Timmy has been SO incredibly sweet and loving lately. If we offer him a favorite food or play chase/hide and seek with him (his favorite) he will often bounce up to us, wrap his arms all the way around our neck and give us a big kiss on our cheek. His new thing is to add an extra "smack" to it. He cracks us up, this little charmer. One day recently we were doing puzzles and I leaned in my cheek for a kiss. He outright grabbed my face with his two little hands and turned my face toward him for a lip to lip little peck. So dramatic! I wish that one had been caught on video. He has also been wrapping his arms around my leg, giving my knee a kiss, then looking up at me to giggle. When we part from a visit with the grandparents, he showers them with kisses on their cheeks. I don't know where or why the burst of love lately, but I'll take it.
 
 
We've also been spending a lot of time like this--playing in the backyard with just underpants on. The kid keeps taking off his diaper and wanting to sit on the potty. It's actually been hard to get him dressed and out the door for errands or activities lately, cause he is so all about it. ???? And another difficult part is that instead of just taking off his shorts, he wants to take off his shirt each time too. Which gets to be a hassle. So...hence how we end up in the backyard to avoid accidents on the floor and the whole undress, re-dress thing. I don't know....We'll see what happens. He tells me before hand a lot of times, but not all the time, and I would imagine that's how it will be for a while since he's still only a year and half.
 
 
New words lately: 
     Rainbow, Home, Zip, Tree, Draw, Sheep, Horse, Lawnmower (Lawnmo ), Show, Soap, Lizard, Giraffe (Affe), Elephant (Eeeephant), Pumpkin, Ghost, Key, Cheese (for taking pictures), Picture (pictcha), Gator (gata), Cute, Buddy, Sing, Nap, Jay (for Uncle J), Gymbo (for Gymboree/Gymbo the clown), Sashe (the cat's name across the street who he loves to visit), Push, High (for swinging)
He also loves to say EEE I, EEE I, Oooo for the Old McDonald's Farm song.
He loves to grab my hands and do "Ring around the Rosey" (he calls it Rosey)
He does the hand motions for the first line of "Wheels on the Bus" and says "Swish swish" for the second line of the song, about the wipers.

When we sing the alphabet song, he chimes in at "E, F, G"....Not sure what he has against the other letters (hah!) but for now, these are apparently his favorite!
We say to him: "Who's a good boy?" he smiles and says "I AM!!"
 
Funny things:
He starts woofing when we hit the brick streets a few blocks away from my parents' house. He knows he'll get to see their dog!
If we are at a playdate or somewhere and he's had enough, he'll grab my purse, walk to the door and say "Gotta go!"
At night time lately he's been "announcing" when he's ready to go to bed. He'll start saying night night, then he'll go grab Pooh and Elmo and walk to the bottom of the stairs to go up for bedtime. We'll then do PJ's and read a few books but it's just so funny how he tends to call his own bed time now. COMING FROM THE KID WHO HATED TO SLEEP FOR A YEAR! 16 months! We'll take it!
 When we are out in public running errands or shopping, random people will comment on his "talking/babbling/dance moves and/or noise in general." One lady the other day commented on how much inflection he uses in his voice. Another said that he should be on Dancing with the Stars. And people frequently observe that he uses his hands a lot when he talks. One thing is for sure--he is a hit at the cashier. Loves to hand over the debit card and receive it back and help put it in my wallet.

                  
 
 
Tim and I had our 5th anniversary. We celebrated with a really nice dinner and had fun re-capping on memories and blessings from these past several years, and talking about what we want to accomplish in the next 5 years! Sometimes you just need a night like that!!---to not talk about the daily stuff grind, but the big stuff, the sentimental cheesy stuff, and LIFE in general.
 
Next up:  vacation in the mountains! We've been up there for Thanksgiving the past few years but it's always the dead of winter by then. So we're excited to visit this time right at the prime of the beautiful color!!! I don't believe I've seen the leaves change since college. (Ok, maybe we have ONE tree here in town that turns orange like in February or March.)
 
 
 
 
 
I'll end with the note that Timmy is attached to his first pair of crocs. Not surprised. Kids love those things! (And I learned that if you bring the receipt to our Crocs store at the mall, they will upgrade you to the next size for free! If it's within a reasonable time frame of one another, but still...) Pretty cool!
 

 
   
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment