This Christmas season it has been so FUN to see Timothy's reaction to everything---the tree (he calls it "Daddy's tree, because he saw Tim put it up), the lights (he always points to green, blue, and yellow, naming the colors he sees), the manger scene, Santa decorations, and more. He always gives the Baby Jesus in the manger scene a kiss, he calls Joseph "Joe," and says "Lamb" whenever he sees Mary. (I think he's getting the song "Mary Had a Little Lamb" mixed up with Mary, Jesus' mother.) haha (We'll let him slide. He's only 22 months.)
He loves to dance with the musical Santas we have (He pronounces them "Siiiieenntas", and his favorite decoration of all seems to be anything pertaining to "snowmen." We've had more than one "dance party" in the evenings to Christmas music, and it's so adorable to watch him get down and groove. If anyone remembers the band Sister Hazel, they've got a great, upbeat, clean Christmas c.d. (although it's a few years old by now, we still love it.)
Below--our Christmas picture this year. We didn't have tons to choose from as it was reeealllly, really windy that day and we were near the bay so the wind was even more noticeable. I kept tilting my head funny to try to prevent my hair from blowing all in my face. So it's a bit awkard looking and Timothy didn't have a full grin, but oh well, Dad's are allowed to take the spotlight once in a while right? And overall, it was decent enough for a card. (No time in this busy season to sweat the small stuff!)
I kind of laugh when I see this picture, to think that we even managed to pull off a photo shoot at all....life has just been so incredibly busy! Between Christmas parties, planning for Christmas parties, celebrating Auburn winning both the Iron Bowl AND the SEC Championship, going to birthday parties, and just general end of the year obligations and daily life, it's getting harder and harder to do anything "extra" and I'm learning how to turn down invitations that I just can't accept without totally overpacking our schedule. But despite all of this, I am thankful for at least having my Christmas shopping done and most presents already wrapped--woo hoo! ...which allows me to maximize my opportunities to soak up my sweet son during this adorable stage he's in. So loving, learning new things by the day, and just an energetic, constant reminder that "This is the day that the Lord hath made--REJOICE and be glad it in." Truly, he helps me live in the moment and I am so grateful for that!
It's hard to recount all of his new phrases as he really is exploding with them on a daily basis now, but one of my favorite things he's been saying lately is "I see you Mommy!!!" whenever we play hide and seek, or say I try to slip off to use the bathroom by myself (how dare I) and he pops around the corner and says "I see you!" LOL Or, if we're playing chase in the backyard he says "I chase you Mommy!" He bounces up to me frequently and says "Mommy, hug" then proceeds to give me the biggest, best hug ever. He squeals "Hi Dadddyyyyy!" when Tim gets home. He often says "Thank you Daddy" and "Thank you Mommy"-- sometimes prompted, sometimes on his own. Other new connections he's making are "messy, clean up" and "cat, cat, eat" , "jump high", "timmy's truck, timmy's book (or whatever he's playing with at the moment." We have been practicing taking turns lately when we play together, so it's cute to hear him say "Mommy's turn, Timmy's turn." He seems to be getting it pretty well! He continues to love playing outside on his playset, and now is getting into the monkey bars. He walks up to them and says "Monkey, up" and loves it when I put him on my shoulders and let him reach out from bar to bar. As much as I hate how it doesn't feel like Christmas with this warm weather we've had, I'll admit it definitely makes it nice to be able to still play outside. We've done some Christmas crafts out there, and just about every day he loves to sit out on his picnic table and play with his play doh (pee doh, he calls it) for a little while. Up north I don't know how mothers do it---bundling up the kids everyday to go get fresh air out in the snow, and most likely not able to stay out very long because it's just too cold. I suppose I'll take the heat over that!
Great visit from the Borres! Timmy and Charlie were so cute playing together!
Feeding Elmo and Pooh. He loves to share his food with his stuffed animal friends!
Favorite toys at the moment remain his hot wheel cars, although he tends to get frustrated at how the doors don't open so I've been on the hunt for some that do. He also is still into his favorite color blue, and loves to play with the blue cars the best. Although green is his second favorite.
Washing his car.
Lastly, I'll leave you with a few samples of some of the photography I've done lately for friends. I've got a few more sessions lined up, and I can't wait. :) I learn so much from each photo session! And of course it helps that the families I know are all so beautiful and photogenic!
Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment