Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Oh what fun!

 
 
April has turned out to be a really fun month! Celebrating Easter, egg hunts galore, quality time with family, and a no-kids trip to New York! Amazing how rejuvenating it is to have a few days of non-interrupted adult time....but being back home feels wonderful too! Makes me all the more appreciate the daily blessings...and to laugh and enjoy some of the sweet/funny things Timothy is saying lately. . I'll list a few of them:
 
"I'm ok!" (After he falls, before we even get a chance to ask him "Are you ok?" I guess he has heard us ask him that enough, that now he just tells us in advance. haha)
 
Similarly, he says "It's not too hot", referring to the slide....as sometimes it is and we tell him it's too hot to slide down, but then other times it's not and we reassure him it's fine to slide down.
 
"Watch out, Mommy!" (When crossing the streets/looking for cars. Again, repeating what I say to him. Too cute!)
 
"I catch you, Mommy." (After telling me to go up in the fort and slide down, instead of him. He even puts his arms out to "catch me." So funny...)
 
"I'll be right back." (Announcing this, then disappearing into another room, then returning with some gem of a find...)
 
"It's ok. It'll get better." (Referring to a boo boo on his leg.)
 
When "playing doctor" with his little doctor kit he gives me a shot in the arm, listens to my heartbeat, and checks my temperature. With the stethoscope on his ears he says "I make you feel better, Mommy." (And surprisingly, he says stethoscope as clearly as I can! Such a hard word!)
 
"I hold you, Mommy." (When he wants to be picked up and held...)
 
Song wise-- He says "B-I-N-G-O" and his version of Old McDonald is "And on the farm, EI EI O"...."Jesus loves me...and on the "this I know" part, he increases his volume for emphasis. Not sure where he got that part, but it's so sweet. He'll sing the whole first verse of the Itsy Bitsy Bitsy Spider... often he sings during diaper changes and it's the sweetest thing when Tim is changing him and I hear the two of them in there... Timmy's little voice saying "went up the water spout" and then I peek my head in the room and he's also doing the motions.
 
He thinks every big gathering (baptisms, Easter, etc.) is a birthday party, and wants to sing the Happy Birthday Song. By the way, we did NOT get an Easter bunny picture this year. As much as he loved Santa Claus, the Easter bunny was a different story. Can't say I blame him....Easter bunny costumes could use a make over around this town.
 
 
 
 
 

 




 
He has learned to climb all the way to the top on this now....oh boy.




 
 
 
 
We did so many fun things in NYC!  Really saw a lot, considering it was a short trip. It was nice not to feel pressured to do every single thing, since we had both been several times before. It was also nice to re-visit a few favorite places that we loved from our last trip there together, 5 years ago! Seriously don't know where those 5 years went. One year of being pregnant and 2 of babyhood/toddlerhood, in part. 



Top of the Empire State building...one of the highlights of the trip! Touristy, but...I had done it before and the view really was breathtaking!
 

Freedom tower!! God bless the USA!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment