So, May basically disappeared but it was awesome while it was whizzing by!!! Mother's Day gatherings, out of town family (twice), end of the school year activities, Memorial weekend at the beach, swim lessons, birthday parties, and more.....
I'm grateful that while super busy times of the year tend to make all of us Moms feel a bit harried, the little people we're taking care of are COMPLETELY carefree! They live in the moment, and that keeps us living in the moment (the to-do list can wait.)
This particular little person has been so much fun lately, I can hardly stand it. I mean, how can you not smile when he be-bops into the room where I'm folding clothes and says "Yee--haaww! Happy Mother's Day!" .... and that's on May 28th, several weeks after Mother's Day. For whatever reason, he got that phrase stuck in his head (and I have no intention of breaking him of it. Mother's Day all year round sounds great to me!)
I will say that we have had a lot of extra Mother/Son time lately. Whether Busch Gardens or pool days, we have been having a blast. His swim skills are really picking up now that he's in swim lessons on a regular basis and I'm so proud of all his kicking, listening to the teachers, and growing confidence!
A few new things he says lately....
"I do it all by myself!" (Wants to buckle himself in, sit on the potty/wipe, get dressed, put himself in the bath.... all by himself. And he's so proud of this, as to be expected....but it definitely makes Mommy have to dig deep for patience at times!)
"Oh nooo!!.. My boo boo hurts!"
"You look pretty, Mommy. Mommy, wear a dress?" (He loves it when I wear a dress...hah!)
"I had fun with friends! More friends coming?"
"I wanna play a song."
"Look Mommy! I'm riding my scooter!"
"I wanna dress up, Superman." (We have a new Superman cape that he LOVES).
"I need to put my shoes on."
"I can't find my bathingsuit!"
"Let's go to the beach. Wanna build a sandcastle."
"I found sea shells!"
"I do good at swimming. I like my teacher! She's so proud of me!"
"Mommy loves me soooo much."
"Daddy drivin too fast. Slow down, Daddy."
"It's locked. I can't open it."
Other new things...he is really learning the concept of now/later, yesterday/today/tomorrow. It's great to have that level of communication step up!
He absolutely LOVES his planes lately...wants to carry them everywhere he goes, sleep with them, play with them all the time. He also loves catching bugs!! (So much for the toy kit...he loves the real ones!)
I'm officially, officially, officially a boy's Mom now.
Lots of fun music time with Daddy lately!
Summer fun with cousins!
Beach time and bubbles!
.... till next time blog friends!! Happy Summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment