Friday, June 3, 2011

Two peas in a pod


I have found so many cute pictures of my mom and Tim's mom hanging out together. When Tim and I first met in 2007, these two hit it off right away. They had vaguely known each other many years ago in their early days of Junior League. But hadn't run into each other much around town since.

Tim and I always say we are blessed our families get along so well. Here are a few snapshots of "The Moms" enjoying each other's company. Maybe I'll do a post of "The Dads" next week. (After all, Father's Day is coming up!! And I've got lots of good ones of them.


Dinner at our place!
Boat Ride! woo hoo!
Birthday Dinner (They both turned 60 within a month of each other last summer.)
Shopping around Asheville. (Cute town called Black Mountain to be exact.)
The mountain house always makes for lots of good time to visit.

The Moms and Carole's cousin Gwynne. (Sidenote: Gwynne was recently elected President of the Florida Bar Association. Huge deal! She is already a very successful lawyer and now this big honor!  She gets inducted later this month. We are very proud of her!)
More shopping and lunching. : )

This is such a great memory. Carole's mom has a wonderful scrapbook that her mother kept. Martha (or more fondly referred to by her grandmother name "Gee") was quite the popular girl. Lots of "dance tickets", letters from boys, notecards where boyfriends sent her flowers, and pictures of her and her friends bathing by the pool in those good ol 1940's bathingsuits.) Mom, Carole, and I had fun flipping through the scrapbook one night in North Carolina. I believe it was Thanksgiving a few years ago.
4th of July parade! Chatting away in the red, white, and blue.
We are two lucky people to have such caring moms.
Here's one of just me and my mom. Cheers to PINK and lots of girl talk over the years. : )

1 comment:

  1. Hey Rosemary- where is the mountain home you always talk about? Clay's parents have a home in Montreat that we frequently visit. I noticed y'all eating at Veranda and the 4th if July parade looks like the one in Montreat but I could be wrong. Anyway we'll be up there for the 4th so I'd love to say hey! Hope you are doing well!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete