I am SOOOO glad that by the end of this month I'll know whether we're having a boy or a girl. I cannot stand the wait any longer. Ever since we found out about the pregnancy, I've found baby websites to be addicting...I'll get online to search around for nursery ideas, with the intention of browsing for five to ten minutes, which....ends up turning into 30 minutes or any hour---or longer! I've popped my head into a few local shops to get ideas too, but of course it's ten times harder in person to resist the urge to buy things!!! (Ok, so maybe I've bought a feeeewww things. But with friends getting pregnant left and right, I can always wrap up whatever gender specific goodie I've found and give it away as a gift once I "know".)
Here is the color of the nursery as-is. We painted it this color two years ago when we moved in. It was supposed to turn out more aqua and less blue, that way it could go boy or girl down the road. But it turned out a pretty strong blue!! At first, thinking about if it's a girl, I had it in my mind to re-paint it. But now, I'm thinking that with pink accents it would be fine for a girl.
The dresser in the picture is something I bought back in the Spring before we were pregnant. It was the kind of unique piece I knew I'd never find again and I thought it would be perfect for a changing table. The baby can watch himself/herself in the mirror. And the storage space underneath is great too!
Ok...here's what I have my heart set on for if it's a boy. I just love this "baby boat" bedding from Pottery Barn. As much as we love the beach, I think it would be great. And I like how it has lots of differenct colors in it to incorporate throughout the room.
If we go with the sailboats, I am thinking of expanding the theme into an all around "travel" theme. I found this cute airplane lamp online that would be so adorable. The travel theme would lead to using cars, boats, planes, and trains as fun pieces. (Rather than getting burned out on doing "everything boats.")
Ok, below is a purchase I couldn't resist. With the travel theme on my mind, I happened to run across this when I was at Homegoods the other day.The choo-choo train painting was just too cute for words, and I knew it was the perfect size for our wall. Since gender day is less than 30 days away now, I just kept the receipt and will return it if it's a girl. But I knew this was a unique piece and it would get purchased before I had a chance to go back a month later. Plus it was only $35!! A great deal for the large size.
A little rocking chair I saw online....it's on my wishlist. :)
Ok, now switching gears to the girl stuff. If the baby is a girl, I think I'm leaning toward doing "bright pink" accents as opposed to baby pink. The main reason is because with the color of the walls being such a bold blue, I think pale pink would get washed out. See an example of the shade of pink I'm talking about below. (And I also love the shape of the curtains which would just so happen to fit our window perfectly!)
Isn't that a pretty shade of pink? I don't think I'll combine it with the green color because those were my wedding colors and I'm kind of burned out on that combo.
Below is an example of a pale pink room I found online. I just think it would get way too washed out, so when I go look for bedding and draperies, I'll be steering clear from this color. Plus, I also am well aware that babies grow out of the baby stage so fast!!! I feel like the brighter shade of pink would "last longer" for a little baby girl growing into a toddler and young child.
Ok, I don't like the clutter or style in this room below....but it's an example of how the bright pink lamp shade color "pop"s on top of the blue wall, which looks to be a very similar shade to our blue wall. :)
Another example of a "brighter" shade of pink. (I probably won't do damask though.)
OHHHHHHHHH the clothes. It has been so fun dreaming of how I will dress this little one, boy or girl. I definitely lean toward the traditional, southern style of clothing. I know there will be times where play outfits and sleepers and onsies are practical. But the smocked, frilly outfits are just so fun and pretty.
Poof sleeves and rosebud smocking
Precious Monogram
Fun and light for a day at the beach house!
Stylin' when she's older....
Bathing Beauty......
And I must say, little boy clothes are sooooo adorable as well. I love the classic John-John's and just all of the little boy themes---animals, sports, cars, etc. Check out this cute crab outfit! 
Sweet outfit for when he's real small...
Seersucker cutie
Little Lounger
Zoo Animals
And those are just 1/100th of my findings. : ) I've seen so many other adorable outfits that are just so irrisistible I don't know how I'm going to narrow down my options and choose. I also know that kids out grow things SOOO fast, get messy and ruin things.....so I've got to make sure I don't over-buy and stay realistic. Not to mention that every mom I talk to reminds me "Don't buy too much!! People will be giving you things at showers!!!"
Random..........My Dad was so cute....he brought me back some "gender neautral" goodies from Auburn. WAR EAGLE!
And I thought this little bib was too cute to pass up the other day when Tim and I were in Longboat. We're known for entertaining a lot. So I thought it was very appropriate that Baby Anderson would be announcing a party at his/her crib at 3 A.M. haha
On that note................till next time!!! XOXO















So fun! Now you know where all my money goes to!
ReplyDeletehaha!! yes I do!!
ReplyDeleteSo fun! I love all this stuff!! Carrie even has that little seahorse bathing suit! It is so dangerous to shop for little ones :). Our little girl due in October has a blue room with pink accents and we love it!!! Think it will be awesome! Cant wait to hear what you are having!!
ReplyDelete