Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Orange and Black

Have you noticed how Halloween stuff is already out in all the stores? It's only mid-August! Crazy!! But, I must admit....it kind of gets me excited. In my last post, I mentioned how I'm ready for football season to start up. And the more I think about football, the more I think of other "Fall" traditions too. Like buying pumpkins. A basket full of Mums.  Cooler weather. Sunday afternoon Bucs games. October 4th--our anniversary.

So in honor of October being only a month and a half away, I found some Halloween pictures from last year that I thought I'd post just for fun. Those of you who know me well know I've always loved "being festive". If I was a school teacher I'd probably have my bulletein boards planned out for the whole year. But since I'm not, I'm always eager for a creative outlet!

Our front door. (Mom loaned me "The Witch.)

Display I arranged just inside the front door. I remember as a little kid when I went trick or treating, I used to love the houses that had more "flare." Vs the ones that just held out candy and shut the door.
                              
My haunted house theme and tray of candy (which I was constantly re-filling since it was so small.)

                                                           Other side of the entryway.
                                                         Few festive items on our bookshelf.
My witch's hat and pumpkin shirt!! This year, my pumpkin shirt won't fit so I'll have to come up
with a plan B. :  )
                          And here come the Trick or Treaters!! Always love seeing their cute costumes.

1 comment:

  1. Remember being on the "bulletin board decorating committee"? haha I loved doing bulletin boards when I was teaching. This Halloween you could always paint your tummy like a pumpkin...just kidding! I can't wait for all the Fall festivities too! I think it's my favorite time of year.

    ReplyDelete