Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Fall Trip!

We had a GREAT time in N.C. -- no agenda, no entertaining. Just family time, and lots of great chances to be outdoors in the PERFECT weather. It was such a treat that all of our flights clicked this time (usually we have bad luck with that), and just so fun to see Timothy's face light up with all the activities we did--hay ride, music festival, pumpkin patch, park, tractor rides, etc. He is at such a cute stage right now with recognizing familiar places and learning new words that we so enjoyed all his reactions to things. The kid is full of animated expressions and it just makes being his parents all the more fun!!
 
When we got home, I threw a Halloween party for Timmy's playgroup. I had worked on a lot of the details in advance of our trip and I was soooo glad I had, because the day before I was held up with baking and tying all the final plans together. The kids had a great time and looked adorable in their costumes. Next year I hope to include regular friends in addition to our playgroup buddies. Halloween has always been one of my favorite times of the year!
 











 



 
(fyi we did have some regular food, like chicken nuggets, grapes, etc. but they were on another table.) Just the colorful stuff on this one.


 
Loved seeing my little race car driver with his pals!


I've never known this boy to love sweets so much...but he was ALL about the cupcakes (pretty sure he had 4--oops!) And he has also been swiping a piece of candy corn here and there (which leads me to believe I need to have an exit strategy for all the candy he accumulates trick or treating come Thursday.)

 
Now on to November---Daddy's birthday, several baby showers, stone crab dinner, annual junior league fundraiser, performing arts show, and of course Thanksgiving and decorating for Christmas!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment