The Adelphean
The Spring edition of The Adelphean took the long route to get to me. I received a voicemail message last weekend from a lady whose name I didn't recognize. In a cheery, pleasant voice she said she had received my Adelphean in the mail by mistake, and that she was an ADPi too and would be happy to forward it along my way. That she had already gone to whitepages.com to confirm she had the correct address, but in using the phone number that was listed on whitepages she had reached my mom. My mom told her I had recently gotten married, that my address had changed and though she didn't have it with her right of the bat, she'd give her my cell phone number to call me. So, after wishing me a sincere congratulations for my recent marriage, this nice ADPi alum left her number for me to call at my convenience with my address. When I called later, her husband answered and said his wife was not home. I told him why I was calling and he diligently pulled out a pen and paper to write down my address. He chuckled at how in the world my mail ended up all the way over in Valrico (which is about 45 minutes away) and then we said a friendly thank you/you're welcome goodbye. So anyway, I just got the mail today and at first I was puzzled by what could be in the large folder size mailer, but then I remembered. I feel bad it cost her $1.51 to mail it to me, not to mention the phone calls she made. But how nice was that of her to take the time to get it to me? By the way, whenever I flip through The Adelphean, all I can think is ...woah, those girls are so YOUNG! I know it wasn't that long ago for me, but still. I guess something about working/being married and then randomly receiving a magazine full of tons of girls "doing the diamond" with pep rally signs and Ronald McDonald in the background... Oh just to go back for one day... I wish I had a scanner with me right now so I could post some oldies but goodies. Come to think of it, what I remember of my pep rally pictures, and actually some rush pictures too, is looking sooo sweaty and gross from jumping up and down so much...cause of course we had to be THE BEST ! And WE WERE!
YEAH WE WERE!! Ok, I'll admit, I got a bit teary reading this. I miss all of it too! SOOO much!
ReplyDelete:-) Yes we were! (I'm stealing Erin's words) That's funny that I thought the same thing when I was looking at the Adelphian! This was the first issue that I thought - wow, they look young!
ReplyDeleteAw, I miss it too!!! And I always look at them and get increasingly sad as the girls I knew are graduating too and all these little girls are strangers!
ReplyDelete